Watch Tower Clock Eye Center optometrist Dr. Michael Servi, OD, discuss severe dry eye treatments including bandage soft contact lenses, serum tears and scleral lenses. Most dry eye cases are treated with drops or punctal plugs, but severe dry eye cases require specialized care from the physicians at Tower Clock Eye Center. For appointments call... read more
Certified Medical Coder
Tower Clock Eye Center is looking for candidates to join our team as a Certified Medical Coder.
This position will be responsible for submitting CPT and ICD-10 codes correctly according to CMS guidelines for physician professional services and ASC charges. This position will also be required to keep up with regulatory changes to medical billing and coding.
After initial training, this will be a work-from-home position working 40 hours per week. We offer a full range of benefits: Health, Dental, Disability & AFLAC. PTO, holiday time off, 401(K), FSA, Optical discounts along with eye exam benefits.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Able to work independently and meet established deadlines.
2. Able to make sound reasonable decisions with critical thinking and problem solving.
3. Highly organized and able to play close attention to detail.
4. Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions and respond accordingly with an appropriate sense of urgency.
5. Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovation.
6. Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situations with tact.
7. Demonstrated computer literacy, math skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers, vendors and staff while working in a remote setting and occasionally onsite.
9. Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed.
10. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Required certification: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
2. Working knowledge and high level of experience with the ICD-10-CM and/or CPT/HCPCS coding classification systems. Experience in Ophthalmology is a plus.
3. Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies.
4. Excellent computer skills (work within multiple browsers, handle several applications/programs simultaneously, work comfortably with 2 monitors and several windows). Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office product required.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Please download the application here, and send it along with your resume and cover letter to: Pam@towerclockeyecenter.com.