November is Diabetic Eye Disease Awareness Month. Watch Dr. Jacob Woldt, OD, explain the importance of eye exams especially for those diagnosed with diabetes.
Jacob Woldt, O.D.
Dr. Jacob Woldt, OD, is a Midwestern native who graduated with honors from South Dakota State University and then completed his Doctorate in Optometry with honors at Indiana University School of Optometry where he served as an associate instructor for ophthalmic optics and as president of Beta Sigma Kappa International Optometric Honor Society- IUSO Chapter.
Following graduation, Dr. Woldt pursued advanced training at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami. This Ocular Disease Residency focused on treatment and management of ocular disease with emphasis on retina, cornea/anterior segment, glaucoma, neurologic disorders, and primary care. Dr. Woldt practiced at a clinic and surgery center in South Dakota for 7 years before relocating to Green Bay. He also served as Chairman of the Education Committee for the South Dakota Optometric Society during that time.
In his free time Dr. Woldt enjoys spending time with his wife and son, golfing, and hiking in national parks.
- Ocular Disease
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida
- Doctor of Optometry, honors
- Indiana University School of Optometry, Bloomington, Indiana
- Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, honors
- South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota
- American Optometric Association
- Wisconsin Optometric Association