Watch Tower Clock Eye Center optometrist Dr. Michael Servi, OD, discuss severe dry eye treatments including bandage soft contact lenses, serum tears and scleral lenses. Most dry eye cases are treated with drops or punctal plugs, but severe dry eye cases require specialized care from the physicians at Tower Clock Eye Center. For appointments call... read more
Responsible for collecting payment in full on self-pay accounts, making payment arrangements,
contacting patients by telephone, sending financial statements to patients and processing accounts for collection agencies.
Summary of Responsibilities/Duties:
- Knowledge of state laws and FDCPA standards. Read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, polices and/or procedures.
- Collects all monies personally due from patients.
- Make outbound and receive inbound calls and consistently follow company’s collection call model and techniques.
- Ability to negotiate while maintaining a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
- Consistently and accurately document all information pertaining to accounts.
- Process payments by phone accurately.
- Establishes and monitors personal payment arrangements.
- Verifies deductibles and outstanding balances due. Collects on remaining balance of deductibles prior to procedures performed.
- Answers patient inquiries regarding accounts.
- Researches, identifies and rectifies any special circumstances resulting in delayed payments.
- Communicates with patients regarding accounts that have aged over 30, 60, and 120 days.
- Locates patients for collection of past-due accounts.
- Identifies and communicates with doctors regarding no collectable accounts to be turned over to collections.
- Conforms to all company policies and procedures including punctuality, attendance and dress codes.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment.
- Takes pride and ownership in success and image of Tower Clock Eye Center.
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals.
- Uses excellent guest relations skills in all interactions with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Greets patients promptly and professionally. Builds sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication and by going the extra mile.
- Resolve problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems to appropriate person when needed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times and communicates with the compliance officer regarding procedural changes and concerns.
- Participates in professional development efforts to remain current in legal and professional knowledge.
- Cooperates and communicates with all staff members and physicians about patient matters. Provides management with perception of physician office practice services.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of the management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
Minimum Background Requirements:
- Previous experience or training in this or similar position.
- Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Minimum Demonstrated Skills
- Ability to read and understand a ledger.
- Must be able to maintain composure with difficult or irate customers.
- Customer focus with adaptability to different personality types. People skills/Building relationships/Interpersonal Savvy (Friendly/Outgoing)/Problem solving
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills with a high focus on active listening.
- Requires a high level of accuracy, thoroughness (attention to detail)
- Requires the ability to work cooperatively as a team member with a variety of personalities in a professional and mature way.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, team environment performing multiple, sometimes complex, tasks.
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and organizational skills with the ability to effectively convey ideas and information.
- Requires strong skills in operating computers, various software programs (practice management, electronic health records), data entry, word processing software, fax machines and copier machines.
- Desire to further knowledge by attending continuing education to maintain professional knowledge.
- Willingness and desire to learn by instruction from coworkers and physicians.
- Must be able to sit for long periods during the day
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely via the telephone
- Must be able to view and type computer data
- Must have manual dexterity
The Americans with Disabilities Act requires that reasonable accommodations be made for qualified individuals to help perform the required duties and tasks of the position. Please let us know at the time you apply for a position if you will need any special accommodations.