Clinic staff recently held a fundraiser to help Dr. Matt's work in Haiti. Here is Pam, our clinic manager, presenting a check to Dr. Matt on behalf of the clinic. These funds, as well as a sizable donation from Dr. Matt himself, will go toward updating the hospital's computer system there. Dr. Matt has made... read more
Routine eye care vs. Medical eye care
Routine/Preventative care: Some medical companies cover routine eye care. The patient must ask their insurance company if s/he has this benefit.
- Limited exam to detect refractive error (nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism), measure intraocular pressure, screen for risk factors for eye disease
- Intended to evaluate general eye health
- Does not cover treatment for eye diseases
Problem-related services: Billed to medical insurance
- Treatment for new problems (i.e. infections, glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, etc.)
- Follow-up care for existing medical problems
- Thorough examination of the external and internal structures of the eye
- Diagnostic testing
- Copays/deductibles may apply
We often do not know if the exam will be routine or problem-related until we discuss any symptoms you may be experiencing. If the type of exam changes at any point during the exam we will make our best effort to communicate this to the patient.
Vision coverage is designed to determine a prescription for glasses, help pay for glasses or contact lenses, and evaluate the health of the eyes. Vision insurance does not cover the evaluation and treatment of medical problems. If a medical condition is present the exam will need to be filed to your medical insurance provider.
***If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage or benefits, it is the patient’s responsibility to contact your insurance company.***
Request a Consultation
with one of our doctors by calling
Tower Clock has a home atmosphere. People, doctors and technicians are all very personable.
Dr. Kurt and his staff are the best. Everyone is so kind and very helpful. All of our experiences with them have been great!
I didn’t expect my surgery with Dr. Kurt to turn out as well as it did! I couldn’t see across the hall but now I can!